Monday, August 23, 2010

Extra Good

...the title of this post comes from an exchange I had with a customer at work on Saturday.

"Hi, how're you?" I chirped in my best be-nice-to-the-customer voice.
"Extra good!" He said. He was young, handsome, buying beer and a few other random items.
"Oh, that's good to hear, " I said, and finished ringing him up. "Here's your reciept, I hope the rest of your night continues to be extra good!"
"Yeah, you too," he replied.
"Oh, hehe, it will be."

I also came out to two coworkers. There was a big party (a get-drunk, vanilla one) the same night as the play party, that I was not, of course, attending. A few people were asking why I wasn't going, and I explained by saying that the other event I was going to was "not safe for work," which evidently really piques people's curiosities. When they pressed, I figured I could trust them, and said "A BDSM dungeon."

One of them, this girl I have a bit of a crush on, was like "oh, that's so cool!" to which I replied, "You could go if you wanted to!"
"Yeah, but I'm not really into that sort of stuff."
"Actually, it's erotic hypnosis night, so you don't have to be into the, er, hard-hitting sort of stuff.*"
And she made an interested "wait, what? really?" kind of face and said "wow, hmmm. That's really interesting."

I still got a "not really interested" sort of vibe, but spreading the word and all. >:D


*also, sweet unmerciful cthulhu, when will the puns stop?!

No comments: